FOOD WASTE LOOP – WHAT’S HAPPENING IN SEPTEMBER?
Yandina Community Gardens Food Waste Loop program has been operating for just over a month and we couldn’t be happier with the impact we’ve had already!
We have diverted over 1.25 tonnes of waste, and saved over 2,400kg of C02-e emissions from our beautiful environment.
We have 10 businesses onboard who are happily separating their waste, and redirecting it for a greater purpose! We are so happy we are able to utilise this resource rather than it end up wasted in landfill.
Our hot compost piles are cooking, we are feeding our worms a variety of great scraps, and it’s warming up for the black soldier larvae. Check out a few photos from the past month.
- Our compost piles built by are volunteers are hot!
- Inspecting our worm farm!
- Chief compost inspector, Louie-Jay.
- One of our Food Waste Loop partners, proud to be part of the program!
- Project Officer, Emily Boyd, weighing and recording the waste before it’s added to the hot compost pile.