Bespoke lampshade workshop
Nambour, Sunshine Coast
Learn how to make your own bespoke professional quality lampshade using industry-standard materials with Julie and Maurice from Ministry of Handmade. Choose from a range of sizes to create a shade that will add character and personality to your home.
Provided: All other lampshade making equipment and tools for all lampshades.
Bring your own material or purchase material at the workshop
Optional extras: All extras (including fabric) are payable at the workshop
- Increase to 35cm shade – $9 extra
- Increase to 40cm shade – $13 extra
- Increase to 43cm shade – $17 extra
- Increase to 50cm shade – $27 extra
- Change to Hero Lamp – $89 extra
Minimum fabric requirements for drum lampshades:
- 20cm – 0.5m high x 70cm wide
- 25cm – 0.5m high x 90cm wide
- 30cm – 0.5m high x 110cm wide
- 35cm – 0.5m high x 120cm wide
- 40cm – 0.5m high x 135cm wide
- 50cm – 0.5m high x 1.8m wide*
- Hero lampshade – 0.7m high x 0.7m wide
*The long length of the fabric for a 50cm (or larger) lampshade is cut parallel to the selvedge (running down the roll), therefore, please choose a fabric
with a design that works well in this orientation.
Fabric selection: Light to medium weight cotton, linen, cotton drill, polyester cotton. Fabrics with very loose weave or coarse or uneven grain or texture
are not really suitable. Fabric may be purchased from Ministry of Handmade on the day.
When: 21 September 2019
Where: The Old Ambulance Station, Howard StreetNambour
If you have any questions about this please contact Julie email@example.com