Living Smart is committed to complying with Commonwealth Legislation governing privacy or personal information by businesses and to protecting and safeguarding your privacy when you deal with us. Collection of information Some information provided to us is considered personal or private. Without these details we would not be able to provide our business services to their full potential. We will only collect such personal information if it is necessary for any of our business activities.
Personal information is collected by Living Smart in the following ways online:
- When you contact Living Smart or make an enquiry
- When you contact any member of staff at Living Smart
- When you sign up to receive the newsletter or event invitations
- When you register to be on the mailing list
Personal information is collected by Living Smart in the following ways offline:
- When you give your business card to any member of staff at Living Smart At or before the time at which you give away your personal details we will make every effort to ensure that you have an understanding of who we are, the fact that you are able to gain access to the information held about you, the purpose of the collection, the types of organisations to which we usually disclose the information collected about you, any laws requiring the collection of the information and the main consequences for you if all or part of the information is not collected.
Use of information
We may use or disclose personal information held about an individual or a business for the primary purpose for which it is collected (ie. provision of our services, administration of our services, notification to you about changes to our products or services, record-keeping following termination of our services to you and technical maintenance). We may also use your information for a purpose related to the primary purpose of the collection of information and where it would be reasonably expected by you that we would use the information in such a way. This information is only disclosed to persons outside our business in the circumstances outlined in this policy or as otherwise noted to you at the time of collection of the information.
We are also permitted to use or disclose personal information held about you:
- Where you have consented to the use or disclosure;
- Where we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure is necessary to lessen or prevent a serious, immediate threat to someone’s health or safety or the public’s health or safety;
- Where we reasonably suspect that unlawful activity has been, is being or may be engaged in and the use or disclosure is a necessary part of our investigation or in reporting the matter to the relevant authorities;
- Where such use or disclosure is required under or authorised by law (for example, to comply with a subpoena, a warrant or other order of a court or legal process);
- Where we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure is reasonably necessary for prevention, investigation, prosecution and punishment of crimes or wrongdoings or the preparation for, conduct of, proceedings before any court or tribunal or the implementation of the orders of a court or tribunal by or on behalf of an enforcement body.
Links to other organisations
Security and storage of information
Living Smart places a high level of importance and value on the security of all information associated with our clients, customers, and contractors. We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under our control. Personal information is de-identified and/or destroyed by us when it is no longer needed by us or when the person involved asks to be removed entirely from any method of communication with Living Smart.
Living Smart retains the information provided to us by you including possibly your contact and credit card details to enable us to monitor and verify transactions and customer details and to retain adequate records for legal and accounting purposes. This information is held on secure servers in controlled facilities, with 24 hour security. Information stored within our network and computer systems can only be accessed by those within the organisation with authority and computer network password sanctions.
No data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100 per cent secure. As a result of this, while we aim to protect the personal information of all users, Living Smart can not ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to it from any online product or service and therefore, the users do so at their own risk. Once the information is received by Living Smart, every effort is made to ensure the security of the information on the systems.
The user is ultimately responsible for the safe keeping of all login information, passwords, account information and personal data. You should aim to keep all of this secret and be careful and responsible when providing information online.
Access to and correction of information
Living Smart wishes to only maintain information about its clients, customers, and contractors that is correct, accurate, timely, relevant and appropriate.
We are more than happy to allow you to access the information we have on record for you so long as that request for information access is in accordance with the National Privacy Principles.
If you notice that your information is not correct, we will correct that information only if we are satisfied that the information relates to you.
Adequate reasoning will be provided should we not provide you with access to the information you have requested for any reason.
We will comprehensively investigate any complaints made and attempt to resolve any breach that may have occurred in relation to the collection, use or destruction of personal information held by Living Smart in accordance with the Commonwealth Privacy Legislation. If you are not satisfied with the way it is investigated or the outcome of the procedure then you may request an independent person to further investigate your complaint. This is usually the Commonwealth Privacy Officer.
Transfer of information overseas
In accordance with the National Privacy Principles we may transfer personal information we have collected about you to someone other than you in a foreign country only if this such transfer is permitted by the National Privacy Principles.
Living Smart collects and analyses information from the site using “IP files”.