Fact Sheet: Excess Produce - Chilli Powder
Presenter: Gardening Australia, 08/04/2017
SERIES 28 Episode 06 - Turn your excess chillies into powder to warm up any dish!
Pre-heat oven to 120 degrees Celsius (fan-forced oven)
What you'll need
- Washed chillies
- Chopping board
- Sharp knife
- Oven tray
- Mortar and pestle or food processor
- Remove stems and cut chillies lengthways.
- Place chilli halves on a tray lined with baking paper. The more seeds you leave in, the hotter the chilli powder will be.
- Bake for 1 - 2 hours, or until completely dry.
- Crush in a mortar & pestle or grind in a food processor.
- Store in a dry, airtight container.
Download Fact Sheet PDF
Watch the Video
Information contained in this fact sheet is a summary of material included in the program. If further information is required, please contact your
local nursery or garden centre.
Copyright Restrictions: This fact sheet is for private and domestic information purposes only. It may not be copied, reproduced, sold or used for any
other purpose without the express permission of the ABC.