Everyone is drooling over new mouth-watering food festival
The Sunshine Coast is ready to welcome food lovers and the world’s best chefs from far and wide.
With a number of the 50 events on offer already sold out, and registrations for The Food Fair increasing by the day, the event is proving popular with
locals, and visitors to the Sunshine Coast. Tourism, Events and Sport Portfolio Cr Jason O’Pray said we can’t wait to host the Region’s newest
“The incredible national media exposure and promotional value for the region has already surpassed expectations and showcased the Sunshine Coast as a destination
for unique experiences, fresh local produce, and outstanding venues,” Cr O’Pray said.
“More than 110 local businesses are actively engaged in the event as producers, suppliers, venues, and event organisers and the festival is a great opportunity to increase awareness of their products and services, and expand their offerings for locals and tourists into the future.”
Cr O’Pray said the event was also a wonderful opportunity to develop and showcase our local business community. Birte Benecke-Uhrig, Managing Director,
Sunshine Castle in Bli, said she had not been focusing on ticketed events in recent years, favouring cohesive function bookings.
“Being part of The Curated Plate has given me a fresh experience introducing this calibre of product and some great insight into working with industry
partners, targeted advertising online and the ticketing process,” Ms Benecke-Uhrig said.
Ms Benecke-Uhrig said 'A Royal Feast of Opera’ has sold out, and it has inspired me to look at hosting more events of this nature at Sunshine Castle.
Locals are encouraged to support our local producers, chefs and businesses in this sensational new festival venture and book in for an unforgettable dining
experience. The festival will be held from August 5-18. For more information and to book tickets visit www.thecuratedplate.com.au.
The Curated Plate culinary festival is presented by Nine Food Events in partnership with Sunshine Coast Council and Visit Sunshine Coast, and is supported
by the Queensland Government through Tourism and Events Queensland.
SELLING FAST – last few tickets remaining
- A Regional Evolution | Restaurant on Mooloolaba Beach
- Brouhaha, Matt & Mike present ‘The Art of Beer and Food' | Brouhaha Brewery
- Eumundi Bush Tucker Journey + Feast | Experience Eumundi
- Seasonal Stars | Restaurant on Mooloolaba Beach
- Spicers Den | The Tamarind, Spicers Tamarind Retreat
- The Elements Long Lunch | Restaurant on Mooloolaba Beach
- Wild Forage Dining | Restaurant on Mooloolaba Beach
SOLD OUT EVENTS
- 7-Course Degustation Dinner | The Sebel Pelican Waters
- A Royal Feast of Opera | Sunshine Castle
- When Harry met Nelly | Harry’s on Buderim
FESTIVAL FAST FACTS
- 8 feature events – high-end bucket list dining experiences showcasing local produce, prepared by national and international chefs, across some of the
region’s most iconic locations.
- 6 restaurant collaborations – The Culinary Collective is a series of events highlighting some of the Sunshine Coast’s best restaurants and breweries.
- 1 interactive Food Fair – a showcase of local producers and eateries, masterclasses for kids and adults, cooking demonstrations by renowned chefs and
- 36 innovative local foodie experiences – The Destination Series features an impressive line-up of activity-led local experiences, specifically curated
and hosted by local restaurants, producers and businesses.
- 3 International Chefs from Japan, United Kingdom, and New Zealand
- 13 National Chefs
- 10 Local Chefs
- 60+ Local producers