100 Million reasons to choose Qantas
Qantas is set to become the world's first airline to reuse, recycle and compost at least three-quarters of its general waste by the end of 2021. This plan includes the removal of more than 100 million single-use plastic items from flights and lounges each year by the end of 2020.
Qantas Group CEO Alan Joyce said that business had a responsibility to lead on environmental issues. Some examples of changes to be implemented across
Qantas, QantasLink and Jetstar from later this year include:
- Introducing coffee cups that can recycled or composted.
- Eliminating single-use plastics by switching to alternative packaging.
- Removing unnecessary paper and going digital.
- Increasing donation or composting food.
- Recycling of old uniforms.