27 Feb, 2018
Stale Bread French Toast
Reduce food waste and enjoy a delicious breakfast made from your leftover stale bread.
Learn how to make this simple and delicious meal thanks to Kim McCosker and the 4 Ingredients team. Not only can you view and enjoy their ‘how to’ video above, but also discover the step by step method and ingredient list as you watch (click icons on the right hand side).
Cooking made simple! There’s now no reason to throw your leftover bread in the bin!
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp. mixed spice
- 4 slices of stale bread.
- If using a loaf, cut into 4 even slices.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs. Add milk and spice and whisk to combine. (Optional: Add a few drops of vanilla extract to the egg mixture if you have it).
- Dip each piece of bread into the egg mixture, allowing time to soak on each side for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Heat a non-stick frying/ crepe pan over medium heat.
- Fry each slice until golden brown, then flip to cook the other side.
- Serve with a dollop of greek yogurt, a sprinkling of fresh raspberries and a drizzle of maple syrup.