06 Aug, 2020
Our Resilient Coast - Have your say
HAVE YOUR SAY on how we can manage the impacts of coastal hazards
Sunshine Coast Council is continuing its journey to develop ‘Our Resilient Coast. Our Future’, a long-term strategy to better understand the impacts of coastal hazards (beach erosion and short or long-term seawater inundation of land), and reduce impacts on our coast and communities over time.
Round 2 of our consultation, follows on from our engagement during 2019 - where you told us what you value about the coast and your past experiences of coastal hazards. During this next stage of consultation, we’d like to hear your views on how we can manage the impacts of coastal hazards into the future.
Your responses will help inform the discussion on ways to adapt and manage our coastline over time. If you’re interested in our coast and its future, please continue to be part of our community consultation by taking our 10-minute coastal adaptation survey and/or by participating in one of our community design hub webinars*.***
Hosted online between 19th – 21st August, the 60-minute webinars will include:
- An overview of the project
- Live polls on adaptation options
- Sharing of ideas and initiatives
- The opportunity to ask questions of the project team.
How else can I get involved?
- Subscribe for project updates using the ‘Subscribe’ button at***https://haveyoursay.sunshinecoast.qld.gov.au/our-resilient-coast.*** We’ll send you emails about our latest news, upcoming events and online activities.
- Use the interactive map to share your photos, stories and historical events about specific locations along the coast.
- Ask the team questions about coastal hazards and the strategy by emailing email@example.com.
For more information: https://haveyoursay.sunshinecoast.qld.gov.au/our-resilient-coast