01 Mar, 2018
Leftover breakfast cereal? Why not make a special treat for your kids lunchboxes?!
TIP: I personally prefer any treats to be homemade, at least then I know exactly what ingredients are being used. ‘Yes’ this is sugary,’ No’ we aren’t recommending it daily, but as a ‘treat’ every now and then, your children will love it.
- 250g marshmallows
- 90g unsalted butter, coarsely chopped
- 4 cups of Rice Bubbles
- 100g rainbow chocolate chips (mini ones you find in the baking isle of the supermarket)
- Line a 20cm x 30cm rectangular tray with baking paper.
- Combine marshmallows and butter in a large bowl.
- Microwave in 30-second increments until melted.
- Quickly add the rice bubbles and 1/3 the chocolate chips; stir, mixing well.
- Press the mixture firmly into the tray, then sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate 2 hours or until firm before cutting.