31 Aug, 2021
FOOD FOR THOUGHT – BUILDING HEALTHY BRAINS TOGETHER WORKSHOP
701 David Low Way
$10 per person (plus Booking Fee of $1.64)
PREVENTING BRAIN AND MENTAL HEALTH DECLINE THROUGH NUTRITION, BRAIN HEALTH AND SOCIAL CONNECTION
You’re invited to join in a dynamic workshop exploring ways to take control of your own brain health through conversations around the important relationship between healthy food, social connection, mindfulness, and mental engagement.
- Listen and engage with academics from the University of the Sunshine Coast (USC) and
- the USC Thompson Institute as they present the latest findings in brain health.
- View a practical cooking demonstration of simple and nutritious food, and then take home
- a package of recipes and other goodies, courtesy of USC Nutrition students.
- Learn and have fun with interactive activities throughout the morning.
- Enjoy a cuppa and delicious morning tea and connect with others.
Date: Friday 1 October 2021 (International Day of Older Persons)
Time: 9am – 12.30pm (registrations commence 8.30am)
Location: North Shore Community Centre, 701 David Low Way, Mudjimba
Cost: $10 per person (plus Booking Fee of $1.64)
Suits – over-50s
Bookings Essential: Click here to book
This is a Seniors Month event supported by funding from the Queensland Government and the support of COTA Queensland, and is a COVID-Safe Event.