14 Sep, 2020
FABRIC Slow Fashion Artful Living Program
Fabric celebrates the extraordinary talents of our regions artists, designers and sustainability change-makers.
We shine a light on ethically focussed practise, inspired design and resourceful living. This year’s offer includes exhibitions, small bespoke workshops in line with current covid safe regulations, professional development, digital ‘make, fix, and create’ sessions as well as mindful lifestyle podcasts and blogs.Check out the current Fabric program, offering and film clip to whet your appetite.
Events coming up include
- Fragile Gardens is an installation of an unknown future, anxious anticipations, rites of passage and dreamlike rituals. - At your leisure
- Coffee and Conversation with Mona Ryder - Bring your coffee, and meet Mona in conversation with Bec Mac at the Old Ambo, Nambour. - At your leisure
- Creative embroidery workshop - This one day workshop is full of conversations and learning new skills. -At your leisure
- Beautiful Blooms - how to grow and use edible flowers - At your leisure
- Tea Blending with Monica Naples –At your leisure
- From the Living in the Creative Mind workshop you can now enjoy anytime the Armonica Sound Healing with Phil and Chiho –At your leisure
- Settle in for this illuminating artist talk presented by Anne Harris at the recent conclusion of her 6-week research residency at Maroochy Botanic Gardens Arts and Ecology Centre. –At your leisure
- Create Wearable Art with Belinda Marie Kuhlewein –At your leisure
- Create Tee shirt necklaces with Belinda Marie Kuhlewein – At your leisure
Or from the comfort of your own home enjoy the following video talks and presentations
learn how to make cutlery wraps with Gretchen Keelty
Silk Tie Flowers with Gretchen Keelty
The fabric program offers an exciting array of sensory and practical experiences right through until April 2021.
- We also have a range of online programs being released soon, including Armonica Sound Healing (15 Oct), Talking Values Based Business with Sarah Wilson (12 Nov), Botanical Eco Resin Earrings Duo Workshop (7 Dec-15 Dec), Ephemeral Wall Sculpture (31 Jan) and a Meet the Makers series (14 and 15 Nov).
We will release more events over the next few months, so stay tuned…and remember art is in the everyday act of living.
fabric is supported council’s Living Smart program and the Regional Arts Development Fund.