14 Sep, 2020
FABRIC Slow Fashion Artful Living Program
Fabric celebrates the extraordinary talents of our regions artists, designers and sustainability change-makers.
We shine a light on ethically focussed practise, inspired design and resourceful living. This year’s offer includes exhibitions, small bespoke workshops in line with current covid safe regulations, professional development, digital ‘make, fix, and create’ sessions as well as mindful lifestyle podcasts and blogs.Check out the current Fabric program, offering and film clip to whet your appetite.
Throughout September, come along to the Arts and Ecology Centre at the Maroochy Regional Bushland Botanic Garden to enjoy:
- Botanical Colourings 2020 Exhibition
- Botanical colouring demonstrations: Natural Textile Dyeing and Patterning
- Dyeing fabric with botanicals from your garden
Or from the comfort of home get inspired with some perfect Spring ‘how to’s
- Beautiful Blooms - how to grow and use edible flowers - At your leisure
- Tea Blending with Monica Naples –** At your leisure**
The fabric program offers an exciting array of sensory and practical experiences right through until April 2021.
- Mark your calendar for the Artisan Markets at Night Quarter Birtinya (1 Nov), Calligraphy on pebbles (14 Oct), New Life for an Old Love (20 Nov) and Sandal making with Pendragon (21 Nov).
- We also have a range of online programs being released soon, including Armonica Sound Healing (15 Oct), Living in the Creative Mind (15 Oct) and a Meet the Makers series (14 and 15 Nov).
We will release more events over the next few months, so stay tuned…and remember art is in the everyday act of living.
fabric is supported council’s Living Smart program and the Regional Arts Development Fund.