23 May, 2018
Banana and Date Loaf
by Simone Bright
- 1-2 over-ripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon bicarb soda
- Dash of nutmeg and ground cinnamon
- 1 cup pitted dates
- Â½ cup brown sugar
- Â¾ cup orange juice
- 60g butter - melted
- 1 egg
- 2 cups self raising flour (or try using almond meal with baking powder).
Note: I throw in whatever else I have on hand that looks like it needs to be used: pears. raspberries, strawberries, carrot, zucchini - play around and find your favourite comboâs Method
- Mash bananas in a bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix together.
- Pour mixture into a greased loaf tray.
- Cook on 180Â°C for around 50 minutes.
- Serve warm with butter (optional).