About Living Smart
Living Smart is an environmental sustainability program run by the Sunshine Coast Council’s Sustainability Team. Through education, community programmes, useful resources and information Living Smart aims to empower Sunshine Coast residents to adopt simple, sustainable lifestyle changes that make a positive impact now and for future generations.
By embracing sustainable living practices we can reduce the use of natural resources and dramatically reduce consumer waste. Every day we can achieve improved outcomes by making better choices about:
- how we travel and move around;
- our energy consumption;
- renewable energy alternatives and resource efficiency (including water and waste);
- food and other consumables (the things we buy);
- our connection to the natural environment; and
- the capacity to live within our means.
To increase community understanding and adoption of sustainable living practices council works with the community and business to strengthen their knowledge, skills and social connections to live sustainably.
Find out more about the Sunshine Coast Council’s Environment and Livability Strategy