Living Smart with Food
Living Smart with Food means planning better and making good food choices. The benefits of making these choices will mean not only better environmental outcomes, but healthier and possibly tastier outcomes too.
At present the food system on the Sunshine Coast and in the Moreton Bay Region is not that different to other regions around Australia – relying heavily on food being shipped from interstate and imported from across the globe.
Food is responsible for over a third of our greenhouse gas emissions….
As you explore the Living Smart with Food module, you will learn more about your local food systems and how you can support them, think more about the choices you make everyday, become a food producer yourself and embrace new healthy and tasty options to your current eating repertoire.
challenges, tools and games.
Useful Tips and Facts
- Attend a local cheesemaking course
- Become a Seedsaver
- Celebrate the seasons
- Discover the joy of sprouting
- Eat less dairy
- Eat less meat
- Explore cooking with tropical foods
- Grow some of your own fruit and veg
- Incorporate Bushfoods into your garden and diet
- Learn to cook new seasonal menus
- Plant a Balcony Garden
- Visit your local markets and find your local food producers